Latest News

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Karma...Sweet Beautiful Karma

This is kind of a long story but bear with me.

The lease on our apartment was up on June 30th and we opted to renew for another year. We asked if there were any 4th floor apartments available. We were informed that nothing was open right now but that apartment 307 would be coming up at the end of July. If we wanted that apartment we could transfer our lease. Sweeeeet!!

The manager starts talking up this apartment to us and telling us how great it is and that it has a great view of Lake Washington, overlooks the pool area instead of the parking lot, plus it has vaulted ceilings and they are going to put in hardwood floors and all this stuff. The apartment wouldn't be avail until probably mid-July but even though our lease was up June 30th we could go ahead and renew and then just transfer it to the new apartment in August no big deal. Double Sweeeet!!

Flash forward to a few weeks later. (You should look at this post if you haven't already). What you don't know is that on the very same day that the bathroom ceiling came down we also found out that we would NOT be moving into apartment 307. What you say? How can this be? I'll tell you. We did not get apartment 307 because the idiot leasing assistant (not the manager) who is about as smart as a box of hair rented it to somebody else and I quote. "I'm really sorry, I forgot we were holding that apartment for you guys and I rented it on Saturday." All I have to say is that it's good thing this exchange happened on the telephone, had it been in person she would have lost a limb. Coupled with the ceiling incident and then having to deal idiot girl AND finding out that we would not be movin' on up like George and Wheezy. IT WAS NOT A GOOD DAY!

After calming down a day or two we figured the least they could do since they gave away our apartment was to make some improvements to our current apartment. We called up the manager, who was falling all over herself apologizing, (we were like whatever, save it) we then calmly informed her of our demands. We requested a new stove, new dishwasher, new washer, new dryer, all new blinds throughout, and new insides for both of the toilets cause we were tired of jiggling the handle all the time..oh yeah and they could paint one of our walls a lovely green color. She could not grant our requests without getting approval from the "head office". Okie dokie we'll be waiting for your call back then. After a couple days I got a phone call and wouldn't you know it they agreed to EVERYTHING.

So here's where the story goes from good to SPECTACULAR. Oh but first, we got all the new stuff and it is GREAT!!! Especially the washer, dryer and dishwasher they are super quiet!! LOVE THEM!!!

Monday night we are sitting around watching TV and I see flashing lights go by the window and then a moment later another set of flashing lights and then another. What the hell's going on? So I stepped outside to investigate and there are FIVE fire trucks in the complex. I can't see any flames or see any smoke, but it smells like something is burning or has burned. I keep standing out there hoping to find something out and then all of a sudden the fire trucks start to leave. They were only there maybe 10 or 15 minutes. I'm thinking it must have been a false alarm.

The next day I am coming home from work and what do I see but one of the balconies is charred. Are you ready? Guess what apartment it is??? Yeah that's right 307...the very apartment we were supposed to get. Naturally I was curious to know what happened. Turns out the new tenant in 307 was smoking on the balcony and caught it on fire! I about died I couldn't believe it this was the coolest thing I heard all year!

Not only did they spend about $2,500.00 on new appliances and other improvements to our apartment but the person they rented 307 to SET THE PLACE ON FIRE!!! I can't wait until I have a reason to go the office....you so know I am bringing this up. It's too good.

DISCLAIMERS: 1). There were NO injuries, none whatsoever, zero, zilch. Otherwise the story isn't nearly as good and I'm an asshole. 2). There was no structural damage to the building only cosmetic.

1 comment:

The Accidental Housekeeper said...

ah, the comment spammers found you. Now you're legit.