Latest News

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Kicking The Habit - Part 3 or No People Were Harmed In The Writing Of This Post

In my last post, Kicking The Habit - Part 2, I was trying to make it to the 24 hour mark without having a cigarette. Well I am happy to report that I MADE IT!!! In fact it's been 51 1/2 hours since my last cigarette. I won't lie there were some tense moments, but I made it through. The crankiness seems to be getting better although flare ups are still pretty common. All in all I would say that I'm doing pretty good. Chuck would probably disagree cause most of my crankiness seems to be directed toward him...sorry!

I'm probably going to gain a ton of weight though. I had the stoner munchies like crazy last night. We went to the store and bought frozen pizza, doughnuts, cookies, tortilla chips, ice cream and taquitos. Today I had doughnuts for breakfast, chips for lunch and frozen pizza for dinner. Oh well I'm not going to feel guilty about it. Granted not best things to be putting into your body but better than inhaling smoke. Once I am over the cigarettes for good then it's back on the diet wagon and eating healthy.

As hard as this is (and I realize I have only just begun..I mean 51 1/2 hours is hardly anything) I already realize this is probably the best thing I have ever done for myself. I am starting to feel the difference. I haven't needed to take my allergy pill for the last couple of days. My teeth are starting to look better thanks to not smoking and the twice daily use of my Sonicare.

Well wish me luck...tomorrow is another day...just to be on the safe side if my number is on your caller-id it would still be cool if you pick-up!

1 comment:

The Accidental Housekeeper said...

Hey, you are doing amazing. Think of it as the worst is behind you and you don't want to have to go through this again.

Love your food choices by the way. I would also add those waxy little hostess chocolate donuts, and planters's cheese balls (remember when I called you to make you go get those and bring them too me? What kind of spoiled brat am I?)