Latest News

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Update on The Giz

She is doing much much better. We did take her back in because it seemed like she was getting worse and they did chest x-rays to make sure it hadn't worked itself into pnuemonia. The chest x-rays came back fine...but there was an incidental finding....she has 2 staples in her stomach. I tell you she is a vaccum we should have called her Hoover. The only thing we can think is that she picked them up at Chuck's office. There was some concern because she is so small that possibly they would not pass correctly. However, the vet said that it is amazing what dogs are able to pass. As proof I offer you this lovely story about another Chuck. (thanks dooce)

So...are you ready....for the last few days we had to collect Gizmo terds and sift through them looking for the offending staples. The things we are willing to do for our pets. GREAT NEWS last night about 7:30pm Pacific Standard Time 2 staples, a small screw from a pair of eyeglasses and a piece of a nose pad, again from eyeglasses were recovered from Gizmo dung. Chuck's an optician and works at a vision clinic, hence all the eyeglass components. That is one lucky dog my friends!

She is doing just fine. The cough is reduced to just momentary fits and she is back to her old spunky and spastic self. I offer the following photo taken this morning that I call "Watcha doin' Dad?"


I know, I know she is so freakin cute it is hard to look at her for long. Love you Gizmo glad you're feeling better but please stop chewing on my fingers....I beg you, for the love of GOD!!

3 comments:

The Accidental Housekeeper said...

Aww, scary. I think I'd rather pass a corn dog stick than a staple, though. Not that I would, I'm just saying.

Glad the Giz is feeling better. Damn Kids.

PaintingChef said...

It is REALLY amazing what they can put in one end that makes it out the other end in one piece, isn't it? My dog in high school somehow got a hold of a pork chop bone and swallowed that sucker whole. And THEN it somehow. made. it. out. the. other. end. STILL makes me hurt to think about.

But I'm so glad that The Giz is doing better. I swear that is the cutest little dog I've ever seen.

Moveelvr said...

A pork chop bone....OUCH!!!

Thanks for the well wishes and yes she sure is cute but what a handful :)