Latest News

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Mov'in On Up!!

After three years of borderline ghetto living we're moving....YEAH!!!! Actually the place we're in now isn't too terrible awful, but it's definitely gone down hill since we moved in.

Naturally we'll be paying more for the new place...but you get what you pay for...in this case SO TRUE. The difference in the quality between the new place and old place is night and day. Possibly the best part though is the location. Currently we are in a complex that is right of the freeway...being new to the area we thought that was a good thing...turns out the noise and isolation negates any convenience. The new place is actually in a neighborhood, a real-life, walk the dog, desperate housewives neighborhood.

It is QUIET there. However, it is still close to everything....Costco is only 5 mins away (currently about 25 mins) there are parks galore, one right across the street, another a block away and yet another 1/2 mile down the road. Did I mention it's in a real-life neighborhood? What's more, if any of you have been to our current place you will remember the crazy hills, the new place NO HILLS. We could literally take off walking in any direction and stroll down quiet residential streets!!

Oh yeah....at the new place we have covered parking and a top floor unit! That's right top floor...no hillbillies above us. The main thing though is that it is SO NICE!! I'm actually still surprised they are letting us in. It's like now we live at the bingo hall and are moving into the country club. I'm telling you the place is posh, tiled entry, gorgeous fireplace, nice millwork, brushed nickel fixtures, plush carpet in living room and bedrooms, nice laminate wood floor in kitchen and bath. The entire complex has been completely remodeled, all new appliances, carpet, floors, fixtures EVERYTHING!!! We will be the first to live in this unit after the remodel.

I can't wait to move....sadly we can't until June 20th, which actually is good because our lease here doesn't expire until June 30th....but I would move tomorrow if I could. Also, the remodel won't be done until the 20th anyway...and we have plenty of time to get organized and pack and all that stuff.

I'll keep you posted as the date approaches.

4 comments:

The Accidental Housekeeper said...

Awesome... see, aren't you glad you didn't get the house from the homophobe?

Good news, brutha. Although I didn't think your current place is all that bad.

One question: Will you still have a bedroom for me and my two kids when I move in?HA.

Moveelvr said...

Yeah..it's the same size as the old place...2 bed 2 bath.

I did just hear the "official" announcement on the news that BCC is going to be offering the batchelor degree you mentioned.

Now all ya gotta do is pack up the trailer and head over. :-)

The Accidental Housekeeper said...

Naw, just trying to scare you. You really have no idea about the children, do you Jeffrey?

Can't wait to see it! I'll know about my Rad Tech program the 15th of May, and although I don't think I'm going to like it, for now I will stay the course.

Thousand points of Light,

Nicole

Moveelvr said...

Holy Crap...did you see how I spelled bachelor...uh with a T...yeah...BCC's learning me good.