Latest News

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Rain, Rain, Rain

It's raining today. It's the first measurable rain we've had in what seems like months. I guess summer is over for us...the forecast for the next week is clouds, clouds and clouds.

In other news....No winner in the screenwriting competition. Oh well, it was a good experience and I'm proud of the script we wrote. Especially since we only had a week to write it and were restricted in genre and subject.

Got up at 4:30 this morning to get C off to Las Vegas. So it's just me and the Giz until Sunday afternoon. I think I finally got my financial aid stuff all straightened out. I had a tuition deferment on my fall quarter registration. I've been checking and it still said I owed the full amount. I was getting a little nervous cause the deferement expires today....but when I checked this morning it said total due: $0.00. SWEET!!! I got my books yesterday....my spanish book alone was $164.00!!! Although I was pleasantly surprised when I picked them up, the spanish book not only included the text book but 2 workbooks, 2 CD-Roms and a dictionary...so I guess $164 for all that isn't too bad.

Speaking of school....it starts Monday!!! I'm excited but nervous, I think I may have over extended myself...15 credits, working full-time and trying to do movie stuff...what was I thinking???

Well, better get some work done so I can knock off early and get a nap in this afternoon. Have to go to a production meeting tonight for the short we're shooting the last weekend of the month. I think we've got a good start with the script, needs some work though. Hopefully we can make some progress tonight. I read the latest draft Tuesday night and sent some notes to J, the writer, so he wants to "pick my brain" tonight.

1 comment:

The Accidental Housekeeper said...

Awesome for starting school. Did Charles make it back OK? I know you're swamped with school, movies and work. Hang in there, it's all gonna be OK.

In other news, I dropped all my classes this quarter. I'm working too many hours and now I have to spend 8 hours a week in an ADHD intervention program with Mason (Big Suprise!)so even online classes were an impossibility.

I MUST go back winter quarter so my student loans don't come due.

HAng in there BaBy.

(Nobody puts Baby in a corner...)